Tuesday 31 July 2012

A boat a day: 365 a daily creative journal (no.1)

Ship 1 : Soldered into pine
After discovering: Make Something 365 and get Unstuck's blogspot, I have decided to give the 365 daily creative journal a go with ships (or rather boats). I hope it will be an exciting opportunity to explore different mediums in art and perhaps even writing, and go on some ship related adventures. This should be easy enough to start with as Bristol has a pretty thriving harbourside with plenty of things to see and do, including the new Museum of Bristol and of course the SS Great Britain. Plans are a brewing already :)

My first thought was silhouettes but I think that would get hard after the first fifty days, but ships are another part of my new signature and I do love them so.

The first ship was something I did a few weeks ago, I burnt this fairly simple sketch onto a wooden box, initially to sell, but I think I own this one.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring...






No comments:

Post a Comment