Tuesday 30 July 2013

A Boat A Day no.365!!!!!

Oh yeah, that's right. I did it :)
It feels wonderful to be writing my very last Boat blog, I have enjoyed every step, but I am looking forward to exploring new avenues, (and a little time away from a daily challenge.)
For my final boat I gathered up some boys, and some junk and headed to the river. We fashioned boats from bottles and cans using elastic bands, tape and skewers. Each design was unique to it's creator, Justin went for the simple milk bottle style, cut in half length-ways and left pretty much untouched. Josh dissected two can's, initially he had the idea of using a candle to boil water and produce steam. It was a brilliant scheme, until it set fire on a trial run in the bath! Spook's approach was two bottles, one cut in half and attached to opposite sides of a bottle (giving it a bit of balance like mine.) and a plastic bag sail attached to a chopstick mast. Mine (pictured) was made from a small bottle, two clothes pegs and a skewer, oh and a toilet roll. So who won our race? You'll have to check out the video to find out! :)
Now that I've completed a year I am much more confident in my ability to complete tasks. I have watched my creative blossom and seen others around me get inspired. I have made a decision to pursue a career in teaching, to impart my skills and passion, my artwork I am keeping for myself. For a little while, I forgot how to love what I have created, the pressure of making things to sell dampened my confidence and my enjoyment. I plan on keeping my online store www.moonandmagic.weebly.com, where I will sell unique art pieces, and my facebook page Moonandmagic to share my creative endeavors with the public.

I will be back soon with another adventure, but until then pop over to OUR 365 ADVENTURE on Facebook and see what my friends are creating. :)

8 comments:

  1. Atruly epic finale! Well done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers lovely :) I'm super excited that you've started your door-a-day project and are well and truly stuck in already :) looking forward to seeing what you do. :)xxx

      Delete
  2. Well done luna Love the epic finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taz, for your inspiration and your input, and just putting up with my mess. Can't wait to see how your landscape develop :) xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Noah, you are right, create something everyday and it really does change your life :) xx

      Delete
  4. WooHoo! On ot the next thing - congratulations Luna, Love Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, I'm enjoying your progress too. xx

      Delete