Wednesday 1 August 2012

A Boat a Day (no. 2)

Ship of the day: Stitched from scraps

Today's ship is a squishy soft pillow, it was meant to be a soft toy, but it's a bit floppy. I was inspired by the red and white striped toweling which I've been wanting to use for ages, the sails are made from blue and yellow fleece and the port holes have a small amount of shiny silver inside.
 

I might give this to my sister who is due to have a baby soon, though my cat is rather attached to it. I should probably not keep all the ships I make over the next year, or I'll be over run by boats! I think part of the plan here for me is to try and use up the odd bits and pieces in my studio.


While bumbling along the internet last night I found an instructable for Building a Ship in a Bottle! It looks amazing, but a little bit pro for me, perhaps I can gather all the things I need over the next few months while I learn a bit more about ships in general. 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Is the hull toweling material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes it's toweling so it's lovely and soft!

      Delete