Wednesday 5 September 2012

A Boat a Day (no.37)

It's getting harder to remember what day I'm on! Today was our penultimate day at the shop, looking forward to and dreading tomorrow. It will be nice to relax and create some new stock at home but I'll miss the atmosphere and familiar faces of our Pop-up Boutique...
A Boat a Day no. 37
Glow in the dark, fimo bottle top boat!
Today's boat is made with fimo and a bottle cap, it is a prototype for a new range of stock, though I'm undecided if they would work better as pendants, key/bag charms or fridge magnets...or perhaps all three? This one has not been cooked yet as I plan to make a whole batch (and it's not worth putting the oven on for one tiny bottle cap.) So the finish will change and I would probably add a dusting of gold mica powder to give it a bit 'o sparkle!
Oh and did I mention it GLOWS IN THE DARK!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment