Wednesday 24 October 2012

A Boat a Day (no.86)


It's been a whirlwind of fun and mayhem as always, I always end my visits with the girls with restored respect for parents. How do they do it? Everyday, all day, I'm exhausted and it's not even been two full days! Today's adventure involved the M Shed museum in Bristol, which has been newly opened and was unexpectedly awesome. There are lots of interactive displays, my favourite being a set of three bridges built in Bristol during different ages, carved in relief on a sort of rolling tombola with a big crank handle! I was also really happy to see some artifacts that I had helped to restore and consvere a couple of years ago while volunteering at the museum. It wasn't open then and looks entirely different.

Today's boat was discovered the moment I stepped through the door, this is the boat used in The Pirates film. Isn't it fantastic!



No comments:

Post a Comment