Friday 2 November 2012

A Boat a Day (no.95)

A boat a day no.95
a bit shiny
There always seems to be a waypoint, I've just passed the quarter-way and now I'm approaching 100 days!

Anyway, today's boat has been decoupaged out of paper onto my old decrepit sewing box which I am revamping. It has been in a state of disrepair since I first inherited it about ten years ago, I gave it a coat of paint, being meticulous enough to take the lid and compartments off. However I misplaced the hinges for the doors and so they have been sitting in place unattached since then. More recently the legs got snapped and haphazardly fixed with wood glue and nails by my not-so-handy man. So today I gave myself two options, stick it out the front with a sign on for someone to forage or do it up and actually use it. I've gone for the more creative option, I began by taking the legs off and ripping out the lint-encrusted lining. In all it's nasty mint green-ness. I tore out the dividers too, as they are all the wrong size/shape for anything practical. After a quick sanding I dismantled the whole thing and began decoupaging with remnants of old gift wrap, the pretty tissue kind that I've been hoarding forever! For now this is where it lies, in pieces drying.
after
Before

No comments:

Post a Comment