Wednesday 27 February 2013

A Boat a Day (no.212)

Today I've been playing with my various craft knives, not in a scary way I promise! I've been making big egg's for the Easter Artisan Market which is is only 31 days away and getting really distracted by my boat.
I have to say without my swivel blade this would never have happened, its amazing. I'm sure I've mentioned how useful it is before but it is really the only thing to use when trying to make intricate cut outs.
I have seen loads of these book sculptures popping up on my FB newsfeed, enviably fantastic works of art that are magical with a little bit of shadow play. Also today I read Amy Morse's interview with Noah Scalin about her Book 365 project which is a brilliant medium and has been great fun to watch her progress. So inspired by Amy, books and boats this is what I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment