Friday 11 January 2013

A Boat a Day (no.165)

There are a lot of things I have to work towards this year, it's January and I'm already facing the fact that I can't make any big plans until at least summer. One of the things I am doing this year is arranging a Steampunk Photo-shoot to showcase some of the jewellery we make as well as making a few clothes. It's pretty exciting and I've roped in a lot of friends to help out and make it really awesome. Me and Taz made a start on a couple of pieces today, using old clothes in weird and wonderful ways. A skirt became a mini waistcoat, a jacket became a skirt, the sleeves of which have been used to create a bustle. It's all coming together, if somewhat slowly.

For today's boat I decided to sketch the antique model of a boat and surrounding shelf, it's been a while since I've done any still life and I certainly need practice so I might draw a few of my boats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment