Monday 29 July 2013

A Boat a Day (no.364)

It is my penultimate day! I can't believe it's been a year and I am now the proud creator of 364 creative boats (soon to be the full 365!) I've had a brilliant, slight spontaneous day out in the rain, hunting for boats...and doors :) A friend of mine was visiting last night, she has been a staunch supporter but has been adamant she wouldn't have time/be able to complete one herself. Well yesterday, while we were chatting she found Noah Scalin's book, flipped through the pages briefly and got sucked in. Moments later she had created Door no. 1 using the first prompt in the book. So today we went out on an adventure, her for her 2nd day and me for my 2nd to last day. It's been fantastic being involved in her first steps and I can't wait to see what she will make. In the meantime, I have created a collage of our adventure, and all the lovely boats in the harbour right now, with some close up's of the Matthew...and a couple of Gromits!

I am really looking forward to tomorrow, I still have almost no idea what I'm going to do to end my project, but I'm sure something will come to mind. I know, after having a little summer holiday, that I will be itching to do another 365. I am already playing with ideas, though I am having trouble choosing what to do. I have two ideas 1: TEA, INK & DYE or 2: HOME IS WHERE THE MESS IS MADE. I have lots of ideas for both, lots of pro's and con's but I still can't decide. I really like the idea of a medium, but will that restrict me with the big projects, and the adventures? I also really like the idea of the Home project, as there are hundreds of little things I've been putting off for years, and perhaps a 365 is just the thing to get it all done. But I don't know for sure, and I have time to decide, but perhaps you could give an opinion to help me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment