Wednesday 13 March 2013

A Boat a Day (no.226)

I think I should rename this project "Hoarder's Anonymous" all those things that have been lurking at the back of the shelves for the last decade are finally seeing the daylight! Some for the first time even, it's a terrible addiction, buying crafty things on a whim. It's even worse when it's time to downsize and that voice keeps saying, 'I'm sure this will be useful one day.' The hard truth is that it will be, one day, most likely the week after you give it away, but that's no excuse!
So today I have been using up the candle making kit I bought as a teenager, me and Taz had a lot of fun making mess in the kitchen (as always) and the results are pretty cool too. I even broke out the whittling tools, which I think I will use use more appropriately soon :) There is a video of the process on Tazie's Video a Day blog, or will be once it has uploaded!

I made my mold from tinfoil, which would have worked better if I had built some sort of support. Taz used a glove a pint glass to hold it. You can use just about anything around the house and old wax crayons add a bit of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment