Thursday 28 March 2013

A Boat a Day (no.241)

I had one final meeting at the Arnolfini to finalize details before Saturday, on the same mission me and Taz managed to shift the last few bundles of flyers. On our pleasant amble into town I found these three boats, and decided they would be my first installment of a boat trail, as everywhere I go in Bristol I find boats everywhere. It's a shame I couldn't get a picture of a little model of the SS Great Britain, but for some reason I don't feel it's acceptable to take photographs in a library.
The first boat I found is a mosaic boat in a tunnel, with added urban graffiti (not the awesome street art Bristol is known for!)

The second boat was in the window and the third is a decoration on top of a gazebo.

2 comments:

  1. A nice collection for your posts. A shame someone defaces art in that manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yes Bristol is full of boats, and graffiti, it is usually of a much higher standard, but it is sad when people don't respect art.

    ReplyDelete