Sunday 31 March 2013

A Boat a Day (no.244)

Our Moon and Magic stand manned by everyone but me!
It's been a day of pajamas, big brunches, Magic the Gathering and Game of Thrones season two (in preparation for the next series!) A well deserved day of rest after such a long, epic day yesterday. We had an early start to decorate the walls and windows of the Fifth Floor Arnolfini with bunnies, eggs and balloons, all those weird and wonderful things I've been working on for months. The rest of the day was a blur mostly, a brilliant blur of amazing handmade treasures, music, laughing kids and cake! There were a few hiccups, like the lift breaking, but after reaching the building capacity more than twice I'm sure it was just as tired as we were. I certainly learnt a lot from yesterday, but I'm not convinced it was worth all the work as there was some disappointment among a few of the traders. It's hard not to take it personally as I organised the whole thing from traders, to liaising with the Arnolfini, to making decorations, doing flyer runs and online promotion. Not to mention all the running around on the day to make sure everyone is in the right place and comfortable.
I did manage to take some time out to get my face painted, just at the point my sister (In the Milkwood) performed, which was awesome. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed myself and feel it was a success.
Today's boat was made on Friday with some new oil medium my mum brought round, it has a much softer texture than normal oil pastel's, and is almost more like paint. It blends and layers very nicely and can be etched into. I didn't have too much of a play as I was a bit preoccupied with the market but I did make a boat :)...of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment