Thursday 2 August 2012

A Boat a Day (no. 3)

Boat a Day no.3 Ironbridge Coracle from Gloucester Folk Museum
Today's boat is a photograph of a coracle I found in Gloucester Folk Museum. With the help of my nieces and sister we found a number of boats and ships today, but the coracle is my favourite.

I have returned to my home-port for a few days, it's been a long time and everything seems to have changed! I did the tourist trip to two museums which have been transformed since my childhood. We went to the City Museum first where they had really explored Gloucester's Roman heritage in an interactive display with costumes you can try on, audio-points and reconstructions of old ovens and various machinery.
Upstairs, which had always been a bit drab before had much of the same exhibit's except now as I walked through cabinets of skeleton clocks and grandfather clock's I was in Steampunk Heaven! But it got better with the automota exhibition. Fantastic!

Another ship at the Folk Museum,
just because it's cool!

The Folk Museum was much as it had been but better, I always loved it as a child, they have Victorian classrooms and a mock shoe-shop, which are still there, in a building fit for the task. And there was a whole room full of boat's and giant salmon traps!

Oh and I have something quite exciting to make tomorrow...
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment