Monday 27 August 2012

A Boat a Day (no.28)

A Boat a Day no.28
Cyber-junk Boat
Well despite the miserable rain today has been a fab day. I have spent my first proper day in the Pop-up shop on Wine Street, I hosted a workshop this morning making paper beads and putting them on memory wire bangles, which was brilliant fun and quite relaxed. I then (while Tam was busy massaging away) made a ship out of the rubbish left on the table. Namely polystyrene cups and cocktail sticks, which I then spray painted silver...
Only when I had done it did I realize spray paint MELTS polystyrene! So this boat is a somewhat Dali-esque cyberboat! (just imagine it's been shot with lasers!)

(also to add to the slightly failed boat I have begun work on a Minecraft boat (having never really played it) It is huge and awesome, with multiple floors, huge masts and rigging, plenty of nooks and crannies, and oh did I mention I poured boiling hot lava all over it and nearly burnt it to the ground!)

No comments:

Post a Comment