Saturday 4 August 2012

A Boat a Day (no. 5)


Good evening!

I have spent many hours on today's boat, in truth I started it yesterday thinking it would just take an hour or so....7 hours later I have finally made and tested my Mechanical Paper Sailboat!!
I fear my photos and video do little to show just how much work went into it. 

I found this little kit in the museum gift shop the other day, and of course, I had to have it for my project. I had not expected it to be so complex, but after the first three hours I had just the base and mechanism for the crank. I have to say if it wasn't for my cute little rotary blade scalpel I think I would have given up. Even for my stitching, weaving and typing fingers this was tricky! I can't imagine how my sister is going to get along with her mechanical Samurai and two young girls. but I still think it was worth all the work. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment